1. These lampshades are one of the most fragile objects on earth.
Someone will put their hand through one of them at some point during the year.
2. The most bitter arguments you will ever have are about washing up.
3. And washing up stalemate is never the answer.
The tidiest person will always end up cracking first.
4. If you don’t have bills included the thermostat is a war zone.
5. There are times when you and your housemates are on completely different sleep schedules.
During exam time there will be the people who wake up at 5am, and the people who start work at 10pm.
6. Everyone has slightly different definitions about what food counts as communal.
Onions, milk, and condiments are totally communal. Meat and eggs are not.
7. Even if you live in a brand new house something will break during the year, and no one will want to call the landlord.
If it’s not an emergency it will take you at least a week to get around to calling them.
8. There is always one housemate who cooks really strange, gross food combos.
What did your mother teach you?
9. You will know everything about your housemates’ sex lives even if they don’t actually tell you.
It’s very hard to keep anything secret from your housemates.
10. And it’s your duty as a housemate to be really overly friendly in the morning to any of their lovers.
“OMG so nice to meet you. Can I get you a coffee? Some breakfast?”
11. The most hard working member of your household will always be your drying rack.
It never gets a break because no one takes their clothes off it until absolutely necessary.
12. The longer you leave it, the more of a pain it is to take the bin out, but you will never learn this.
13. Your pack of cards will be wrinkly and sticky from being used in too many drinking games.
14. It’s perfectly possible to watch Come Dine With Mefor three and a half hours straight.
When you start the marathon on a Sunday you have to finish it.
15. Your fire alarm will probably go off every time you make toast.
16. Someone will try and make things look a bit nice with some fairy lights, but your house will still look undeniably studenty.
17. You will drink out of stolen pint glasses most of the time.
No one knows exactly who stole it, when it arrived, or where it came from.
18. Apart from when you drink out of one of the massive Sports Direct mugs that mysteriously appeared in your house.
You’ve probably eaten meals out of these too.